Skip to main content

I've gone back to school

Annie is now 5 months old and being a Clumber Spaniel, she's been blessed with a wonderful sense of smell. 
With the help of two members of the mountain rescue I've opted to put this to good use by training her to track, rather than the alternative gundog. These are still early days and as a young dog with alot of growing still to do, distance is limited but so far things look really promising.

Paul lets Annie sit on the front seat while I've popped into a shop !

Seeing four dogs of the same colour and size looks contrived but trust me it's not.
I caught these four sharing one bed in front of the Aga. Now if this is not cosy then what is ??
Paul tends to leave his camera in the kitchen which allowed me to use it without any disturbance, although on reflection I doubt anything or anyone could have made these four move !

l to r: Charlie Maddie,Nellie and Cash

Meet Swift, a sevn month old Vizsla who decided to show me his serious and scary look ! But these looks do not portray his character, which is that of a lovely soft lad.

Swift without ears ........

........ and with ears.

I see beds of all shapes and sizes, but sometimes it's not the actual owner who sleeps on it - just ask poor Milo. The only time he would have fitted onto this bed would have been for the first few days of his life !
Given how the lad may have been feeling Paul felt that the "red eye" problem (from the flash) was very apt
.

"DON'T TALK TO ME !!"

And these are the dogs claiming squatters rights on Milo's bed.It's obviously not a guilt that keeps any of them awake !

Charlie Tilly and Cedar
Yet again Charlie is more than happy to doze off anywhere - and use anything as a pillow.Pity HRH withat big head on her !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Italian Connection - Harry the Spinone

Let me introduce you to Harry, an Italian Spinone. Harry arrived yesterday for a day's "try out", prior to any long term boarding. He's as gentle as he looks and those eyes .... ! Janet

"Come on Chief, smile !!"

"Come on Chief, smile !!" That look from 9 mth old Chief tells me I'm lucky to take even one photograph of him ! Chief is just one dog who has stayed with me since the New Year, either for boarding or residential training. Nearly all can be seen on my Cumbria Dog Training Facebook page, and with a husband who is more than cabaple Peanut enjoys the fells. Meet Nala, a beautiful Portuguese Water Dog, who, at 7 mths old is still displaying alot of puppy traits. She's staying for a 24 hr try out and has fitted in really well. I'm pleased to be able to say that Peanut is staying with me again. This young Cocker is such a lovely girl who makes herself right at home and gets on so well with everyone, both people and dogs. And finally, time for my own girls !

Bailey goes back to school

My daughter Rachel has been working with me for some months now, both walking and and very occasionally, helping to train dogs (with the owners knowledge). Two weeks ago, she was given the responsibility of turning around the behaviour of young tearaway Bailey, a Cocker Spaniel. He arrived pulling, no recall and having absolutely no eye contact. But with persistence and a little hard work, things are really starting to change !